Join the Fyne Fish team for a full day of Sushi instruction
A fun filled day, learning the Japanese art of sushi making in our new venue, 'Cockermouth Kitchen Company'
on Market Place, Cockermouth.
The course covers everything you need to know to be able to continue thereafter on your own, making sushi at home for friends and family.
The day begins learning all about achieving perfect sushi rice, moving swiftly onto rolling your own sushi, making noodle rolls, nigiri platters, temari, oshi-sushi, preparing and curing fish, Japanese sweet omelette, trying new dressings and flavour combinations, whilst at the same time mastering your presentation skills
Refreshments and lunch are provided, and as well as taking more sushi home than you can carry
(enough for 8 adults rrp £50), you will leave with your own sushi making kit, to encourage you to continue with your newly found skills.
An intensive but extremely enjoyable day for anyone looking to widen their culinary experience.
Course Fee: £100.
Group bookings welcome
- Introduction to Sushi
- Sushi rice, washing, weighing & seasoning
- Sashimi grade fish
- Sushi rolls, hosomaki, ura-hosomaki, futomaki
& ura-futomaki, soba noodle futomaki
- Temari sushi
- Gunkan sushi
- Prawn preparation
- Sea bass & mackerel curing
- Japanese Tamago
- Sushi garnishes, sauces & dressings
- Sushi Presentation skills
Course runs from 10am - 4pm
What's Included in the fee ?
- A full day of intensive instruction
- Drinks throughout the day
- All ingredients & packaging
- All the sushi you make ! (enough for 8 adults, so arrange a get together that evening)
- Course booklet, full of instructions for reference later
- A home sushi making kit, which includes:
Bamboo rolling mat, sushi rice, sushi vinegar, wasabi paste, toasted sesame seeds, soy sauce, pickled ginger, nori sheets & chopsticks.
You can now book your place on our 2019 Sushi schools below.
Gift Vouchers are also available. Please contact the shop directly to arrange a gift voucher
13th October 2019 ~ Spaces Available